Wetlands Monitoring Research Reports
Available reports for wetland monitoring projects being performed by PDU Staff are provided below.
Development of a Wetland Monitoring Program for Headwater Wetlands in North Carolina
The draft report which details the results from the first wetlands monitoring grant is available by section through the links below. The report is being provided by section as Microsoft Word documents. Some sections (marked ***) are not available due to their large size. To obtain these, please download the entire Word document (available near the bottom of the page).
For more information on the Wetlands Monitoring Research program, please contact Virginia Baker or Rick Savage.
- Cover page, table of contents, lists of figures and tables, abbreviations used (4.0MB)
- Section 1: Executive Summary, Purpose and Goals, Introduction and Background Information (0.1MB)
- Section 2: Site Selection, Delineation and Descriptions (0.6MB)
- Section 3: Index of Biotic Integrity and Disturbance Measurements (0.1MB)
- Section 4: Water Quality Monitoring Section (1.2MB)
- Section 5: Hydrology Monitoring Section (1.0MB)
- Section 6: Soils Monitoring Section (0.7MB)
- Section 7: Amphibian Monitoring Section (0.3MB)
- ***Section 8: Aquatic Macroinvertebrate Monitoring Section (46.5MB)
- Section 9: Plant Monitoring Section (0.5MB)
- Section 10: Headwater Wetland Survey Discussion and Final Conclusions (0.2MB)
- ***Appendix A: Headwater Wetland Site Maps and Photo Point Pictures (42.5MB)
- Appendix B: Headwater Wetland Monitoring Field Forms (3.6MB)
- Appendices C-F: Water Quality Disturbance Measures, Hydrology Standard Operating Procedure, Macroinvertebrate Indentification QAQC and Analysis Results, Plant Coefficient of Conservation Values (3.2MB)
The entire report is also available for download as a single Word document, but please note that this is a large file (100MB): Download entire report
Webpage maintained by Susan Gale. Last updated January 11, 2010