General Maps, Facility Maps, GIS Downloads, and Other Resources
NCONEMAP.COM: The largest repository of shapefiles (GIS) for the state of North Carolina.
- Environmental Permit Application Tracker - Allows applicants and the public to check the status of pending environmental applications or plan approvals.
- Animal Feeding Operations Facility Map - Permitted swine, cattle, horse and wet poultry wastewater systems
- Groundwater Well Maps
Underground Injection Control Facilities - Aquifer storage and recovery, geothermal heating and cooling, and groundwater remediation
Other Permitted Wells Facilities - Large capacity water supply, monitoring and recovery wells and others
- Land Application - Non-discharge facilities, application fields and monitoring wells
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System - Wastewater
Major NPDES Facility Map - NPDES facilities that discharge one million gallons or more of treated wastewater per day
Minor NPDES Facility Map - NPDES facilities that discharge less than one million gallons of treated wastewater per day
- Sewage Collection System Facility Map
- Stormwater Facility Map - Active and expired NPDES stormwater permits, no-exposure certifications and state stormwater permits
- Wetlands Permitting Maps - Issued and completed projects with a 401 water quality certification, isolated wetlands/waters permit, buffer authorization, and/or buffer variance for both Department of Transportation (DOT) and non-DOT projects
Water Sciences Section
Water Planning and Water Permitting Sections
Public Water Supply
- County Contacts Map: Use this map to find the Regional Engineer, CWS, NTNC, Surface Water, and TNC contact information for each county.
- Source Water Assessment Program (NC SWAP Info): This map viewer features a statewide database of over 37,000 protential sources of contamination that can influence local drinking water protection strategies. This map is found on the Drinking Water Protection Program, Mapping Applications page.
- NC Project Locator: This map indicates drinking water assessment area susceptibility for both ground and surface water. This map can also be found on the Drinking Water Protection Program, Mapping Applications page.
- Drinking Water Assessment Area Shapefiles: See below
Classifications/Standards & Rules Review Branch:
Modeling & Assessment Branch:
- Find a TMDL by Basin: Click on a basin to get a list of Total Daily Maximum Loads (TMDLs) for that basin.
Nonpoint Source Branch:
Ground Water Management Branch:
GIS Data Downloads