State Water Infrastructure Authority
The State Water Infrastructure Authority was created within the Department of Environment and Natural Resources under NCGS 159G-70, and has the following duties:
(1) After reviewing the recommendations for grants and loans submitted to it by the Division, to determine the rank of applications and to select the applications that are eligible to receive grants and loans, consistent with federal law.
(2) To establish priorities for making loans and grants under this Chapter, consistent with federal law.
(3) To review the criteria for making loans and grants under G.S. 159G-23 and make recommendations, if any, to the Department for additional criteria or changes to the criteria, consistent with federal law.
(4) To develop guidelines for making loans and grants under this Chapter, consistent with federal law.
(5) To develop a master plan to meet the State's water infrastructure needs.
(6) To assess and make recommendations on the role of the State in the development and funding of wastewater, drinking water, and stormwater infrastructure in the State.
(7) To analyze the adequacy of projected funding to meet projected needs over the next five years.
(8) To make recommendations on ways to maximize the use of current funding resources, whether federal, State, or local, and to ensure that funds are used in a coordinated manner.
(9) To review the application of management practices in wastewater, drinking water, and stormwater utilities and to determine the best practices.
(10) To assess the role of public-private partnerships in the future provision of utility service.
(11) To assess the application of the river basin approach to utility planning and management.
(12) To assess the need for a "troubled system" protocol.
Web Content Display
Mailing Address (USPS): 1633 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27699-1633
Street Address (FedEx, UPS): 512 N. Salisbury St, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27604