Web Content Display
WATER AND WASTE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
March 7, 2013
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order andNotice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman Vikram Rao
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from January 24, 2013 – Chairman Rao (10 minutes)
3. Comments on Draft Water Use Rule from the Stakeholder Group –Trina Ozer, DENR Policy Analyst (15 minutes)
II. Action Items
4. Committee Discussion of Draft Water Use Rule –Chairman Rao (60 minutes)
III. Information Items
5. Wastewater Management –Katherine Marciniak, Energy Program Senior Specialist (20 minutes)
6. Public Comment– The public comment period will be limited to a total of 5 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
IV. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.