Web Content Display
draft minutes previous meeting, approved minutes 11/21/2013
WATER AND WASTE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
November 21, 2013
8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman Vikram Rao
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from October 24, 2013 – Chairman Rao (5 minutes)
II. Action Items
1. Review of Stakeholder Comment - Katherine Marciniak
2. Committee Discussion of Draft Wastewater Management Rule Set – Chairman Rao (90 minutes)
III. Additional Information Item
3. Public Comment – The public comment period will be limited to a total of 5 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
IV. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.