Web Content Display
WATER AND WASTE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
September 5, 2013
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman Vikram Rao
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from July 25, 2013 – Chairman Rao (5 minutes)
II. Information Items
1. Southwestern Energy’s Approach to Water Treatment – Mark Mazoch, Southwestern Energy
SWN Water Treatment (15 minutes)
2. Potential Concerns Related to Wastewater Treatment – Dan Mueller, Environmental Defense Fund
3. White Paper on Wastewater Treatment – Chairman Rao (10 minutes)
III. Action Items
4. Committee Discussion of Draft Wastewater Management Rule Set – Chairman Rao (70 minutes)
IV. Additional Information Item
5. Public Comment – The public comment period will be limited to a total of 5 speakers and each
speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground
Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
V. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflictshould consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.