Web Content Display
WATER AND WASTE MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
July 25, 2013
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman Vikram Rao
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the
North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential
conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to
matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at
2. Approval of Minutes from May 31, 2013 – Chairman Rao (5 minutes)
II. Information Item
1. Stakeholder Feedback on Draft Wastewater Management Rule Set – Trina Ozer, DENR Policy Analyst
III. Action Items
2. Committee Discussion of Draft Wastewater Management Rule Set – Chairman Rao (90 minutes)
IV. Additional Information Item
3. Public Comment – The public comment period will be limited to a total of 5
speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet
will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
V. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict
should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting
Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public
without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself
from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.