North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission
Coordinated Permitting Study Group
Friday, September 6, 2013 – 15 minutes after conclusion of MEC Meeting
Archdale Building, Group Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Dr. Kenneth Taylor, Director
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Welcome study group members and review of the meeting agenda
3. Approval of the Minutes of the July 26, 2013 Study Group Meeting
II. Informational Items
4. Update on the meeting DENR regulatory division directors and assistant secretary Gillespie to discuss the new legislation ordering a study of Coordinated Permitting in oil and gas exploration and development Director Taylor
III. Study Group Discussion
5. White board exercise of informational requirements, permit review processes, and concerns
6. Public Comments
III. Closing Comments
Study Group Members
Study Group Director
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.