Rules Committee Meeting
NC Mining and Energy Commission
December 18, 2012
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Amy Pickle, Chair
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Revisions or additions to agenda
3. Selection of Vice Chair – Chairwoman Pickle
II. Information Items
1. Purpose of Rules Committee – Chairwoman Pickle
2. Discussion of Existing Oil & Gas Conservation Rules Framework (NCAC 15A 05D) and Rule Assignments of MEC Committees – Tracy Davis
3. Review of Other States’ Rule Framework – Tracy Davis
4. Committee Discussion of Possible Frameworks for Proposed MEC Rules – Chairwoman Pickle and Tracy Davis
III. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.