Web Content Display
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
September 5, 2013
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room, Raleigh, NC
1. Call to Order and Notice ofNCGS 138A-15 - Committee Chairperson
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North
Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If
any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming
before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from July 25,2013 Committee Chairperson
3. Revisions or Additions to Agenda Committee Chairperson
II. Action Items
1. Preparation of Baseline Testing Rules for Transmittal to MEC Committee Chairperson
2. Preparation of Wellhead Standards Rules forTransmittal to MEC Committee Chairperson
III. Information Items
1. Discussion of Terminology and Assigned Responsibilities for "Permittees" or "Actors"
Terminology for Permittees/Actors Committee Chairperson
2. Discussion of Compiled Definitions Section Committee Chairperson
IV. Public Comment
V. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential
conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminderto MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in
transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best
interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must
recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial mterest.