Web Content Display
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
September 26, 2013
2:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Archdale Building, Ground Floor Hearing Room, Raleigh, NC
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairwoman Amy Pickle
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from September 5, 2013, Chairwoman Amy Pickle
3. Revisions or Additions to Agenda, Chairwoman Amy Pickle
II. Action Items
1. Preparation of Wellhead Standards Rules for Transmittal to MEC, Chairwoman Amy Pickle
III. Information Items
1. Discussion of Terminology and Assigned Responsibilities for “Permittees” or “Actors”, Chairwoman Amy Pickle
2. Discussion of Compiled Definitions Section, Chairwoman Amy Pickle
IV. Public Comment
V. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential
conflict should consult with the Chair or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in
transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best
interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must
recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.