Draft Minutes from Dec 5, 2013 Meeting
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 10, 2014 9:00 am-12:00 pm
January 13, 2014 1:00-5:00 pm
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room, Raleigh, NC
I. Preliminary Matters Chairwoman Amy Pickle
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from December 5, 2013
3. Revisions or Additions to Agenda
II. Action Items Chairwoman Amy Pickle
1. Preparation of Well Spacing Rules for Transmittal to MEC
2. Preparation of Waste Management Rules for Transmittal to MEC
3. Discussion of Rule Timeline
4. Review of Master Rule List Document
5. Review of Master Rule Body Document
III. Public Comment
IV. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.