Web Content Display
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
April 3, 2014 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
April 4, 2014 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room, Raleigh, NC
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairwoman Amy Pickle
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from March 17, 2014 Chairwoman Amy Pickle
3. Revisions or Additions to Agenda Chairwoman Amy Pickle
II. Action Items Chairwoman Amy Pickle
1. Preparation of Unitization Rules for Transmittal to MEC
2. Preparation of Reclamation Rules for Transmittal to MEC
3. Preparation of Bonding Rules for Transmittal to MEC
4. Preparation of Permitting Rules for Transmittal to MEC
III. Information Item
1. Administrative Rules
IV. Public Comment
V. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.
Meeting time and items will be posted as they become available.