Web Content Display
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
March 7, 2014
8:30 pm to 12:30 pm
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room, Raleigh, NC
RULES COMMITTEE ADJOURNED AT 9:15AM AND WILL RECONVENE ON MARCH 17, 2014 (Time will be announced when scheduled)
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairwoman Amy Pickle
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Minutes from February 17 & 18, 2014 Chairwoman Amy Pickle
3. Revisions or Additions to Agenda Chairwoman Amy Pickle
II. Action Items
1. Preparation of Waste Management Rules for Transmittal to MEC Chairwoman Amy Pickle
2. Preparation of Well Stimulation Rules for Transmittal to MEC Chairwoman Amy Pickle
III. Public Comment
IV. Concluding Remarks
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.