Web Content Display
MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
July 24, 2014, 11:30 am
Ground Floor Hearing Room
Archdale Building, 512 N. Salisbury St.
Raleigh, NC 27603
1. Call to Order – Mr. James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting – Chairman Womack
6. Recognition of Service for Mr. Charles Holbrook– Commissioner Womack
7. Discussion of Public Hearing Locations and Dates – Chairman Womack
8. Discussion of Methodology for Conducting Public Hearings – Chairman Womack
Assignment of Hearing Officers
Hearing Officer Duties
9. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
10. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.