Mining and Energy Commission Meeting Agendas
Upcoming 2013 Meetings:
Web Content Display
sign in sheets
MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
December 6, 2013
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
To join the meeting:
Test your connection: https://denr.ncgovconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
1. Call to Order – James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from November 22, 2013 Meeting – Chairman Womack
6. Committee Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Water and Waste Management Committee – Dr. Vik Rao
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee – Charles Holbrook
Environmental Standards Committee – George Howard
Mining Committee – Tex Gilmore
Rules Committee – Amy Pickle
7. Study Group Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Coordinated Permitting Study Group – Dr. Kenneth Taylor
Protection of Trade Secrets and Proprietary Information Study Group – Chairman Womack
8. Administration – Chairman Womack
Review of 2014 meeting schedule and proposed timelines
9. MEC Discussion of Chemical Disclosure Rule, Chairman’s Mark – Chairman Womack
10. Lunch Break – 30 minutes
11. MEC Discussion of Setback Rule (tentative) – George Howard
12. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
13. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.