draft minutes/previous meeting
sign in sheets
5 December 2014 WebEx Video - Play recording
MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
December 5, 2014 9:00AM
Archdale Building Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC
Friday, December 5, 2014
If you wish to view and listen to the Mining and Energy Commission meeting via live internet broadcast, please follow these instructions:
Join WebEx meeting
1) Enter the meeting number when prompted: 643 007 370
2) Enter the meeting password when prompted: oilandgas
1. Call to Order – Dr. Vikram Rao, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Rao
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Rao
5. Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting – Chairman Rao
6. Recommendations from the Petition for Rulemaking Committee Meeting –Vice Chairwoman Pickle
7. Update on Office of Administrative Hearings’ Review of 15A NCAC 05H – Robert Josey
OAH Comments on Rules for RRC Review
8. Commission Planning Discussion – Chairman Rao
9. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed up to three minutes to speak.
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.