Web Content Display
NC MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
October 25, 2013
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC
To join the meeting:
Test your connection:https://denr.ncgovconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
1. Call to Order – James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15– Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members– Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from September 27, 2013 Meeting– Chairman Womack
6. Committee Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Water and Waste Management Committee – Dr. Vik Rao
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee – Charles Holbrook
Environmental Standards Committee – George Howard
Mining Committee – Tex Gilmore
Rules Committee – Amy Pickle
7. Study Group Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Coordinated Permitting Study Group – Dr. Kenneth Taylor
8. MEC Discussion and Action on the Well Closure Rule Set– Charles Holbrook
9. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
10. Lunch Break– 30 minutes
11. MEC Discussion Regarding the Baseline Testing Rule Set–George Howard
12. Discussion of Chemical Disclosure Rule–Chairman Womack
13. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor:Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.