MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
September 6, 2013
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
To join the meeting:
Test your connection: https://denr.ncgovconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Acrobat Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
1. Call to Order-James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS138A-15 - Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the
North Carolina Mining and EnergyCommission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential
conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to
matters coming before the Commission today, please identifythe conflict or potential
conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members- Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from July 26,2013 Meeting- Chairman Womack
6. Committee Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Water and Waste Management Committee - Dr. Vik Rao
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee - Charles Holbrook
Environmental Standards Committee - George Howard
Rules Committee - Committee Chairperson
7. Study Group Report Updates(10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Local Government Regulation Study Group - Charles Taylor
Compulsory Pooling Study Group - Dr. Ray Covington
Funding Levels and Sources Study Group - Jane Lewis-Raymond
8. Break -10 minutes
9. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak.The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
10. MEC Discussion and Action on the Well Construction Rule Set - Charles Holbrook
11. Lunch Break- 30 minutes
12. MEC Discussion Regarding the Baseline Testing Rule Set- George Howard
13. Administrative Update
a. MEC Rule Development Update- Walt Haven
b. Timeline & Priorities- Chairman Womack
c. Expense Report discussion- Chairman Womack
14. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential
conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminderto MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in
transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best
interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests.To this end, each appointee must
recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.