Web Content Display
approved minutes previous meeting
MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
September 27, 2013
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
Test your connection: https://denr.ncgovconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Acrobat Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
1. Call to Order – James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from September 6, 2013 Meeting – Chairman Womack
6. DENR Update on EPA Grant – Drew Elliott
7. Committee Reports (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Water and Waste Management Committee – Dr. Vik Rao
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee – Charles Holbrook
Environmental Standards Committee – George Howard
Rules Committee – Amy Pickle
8. Completed Study Group Report Highlights (10 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Local Government Regulation Study Group – Charles Taylor
Compulsory Pooling Study Group – Dr. Ray Covington
Funding Levels and Sources Study Group – Jane Lewis-Raymond
9. Ongoing Committee Reports (5 Minutes Each, plus time for questions)
Coordinated Permitting Study Group – Dr. Kenneth Taylor
Protection of Trade Secrets and Proprietary Information Study Group – Mr. Womack
8. Break – 10 minutes2
9. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be
allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor
Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
10. MEC Discussion Regarding the Baseline Testing Rule Set – George Howard
11. Lunch Break- 45 minutes
12. MEC Discussion Regarding the Wellhead Standard Rule Set – Charles Holbrook
13. Update on MEC Meeting Schedule and Timeline – Chairman Womack
14. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential
conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in
transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best
interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must
recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.