Web Content Display
MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
August 8, 2014, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Archdale Building, Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27603
To access the meeting:
Friday (08 Aug 2014) 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Video and Audio – Live Broadcast:
1. Go to https://ncdenrits.webex.com/ncdenrits/j.php?MTID=md76053114e3f8a93e9065aeb6a7b2009
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
1. Call to Order – Dr. Vikram Rao, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Rao
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Rao
5. Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting – Chairman Rao
6. Discussion of Public Hearings – Chairman Rao
NC Oil & Gas Regulations and Rules- handout
7. Discussion of Study Requirements, Organization, & Deadlines – Chairman Rao
8. Any Other Business – Chairman Rao
9. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed up to three minutes to speak.
10. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.