Web Content Display
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
April 16, 2014
9am - 5pm
Archdale Building Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC
To join the meeting:
Test your connection: https://denr.ncgovconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Acrobat Connect are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
1. Call to Order – James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members – Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting – Chairman Womack
6. Discussion and Action on the Draft Drilling Unit Rule – Ms. Lewis-Raymond
7. Discussion and Action on the Draft Reclamation Rule – Ms. Lewis-Raymond
8. Discussion and Action on the Draft Financial Assurance Rule – Ms. Lewis-Raymond
9. Discussion and Action on the Draft Well Stimulation Rule – Ms. Lewis-Raymond
10. Lunch Break – 30 minutes
11. Discussion and Action on the Draft Permitting Rule – Ms. Lewis-Raymond
12. Discussion and Action on the Draft Waste Management Rule with Pit and Tank Construction Standards – Dr. Rao
13. Discussion and Action on Draft Administrative rules – Ms. Pickle
14. Administration – Chairman Womack
a. Review of 2014 meeting schedule and proposed timelines
b. Proposal for public meeting structure and locations
15. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
16. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.