Web Content Display
COORDINATED PERMITTING STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
May 2, 2013
9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Dr. Kenneth Taylor, Director
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Study Group today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
II. Informational Items
2. Coordinating Permitting Study Group – Background and Purpose Director Taylor
3. Proposed Study Group Membership Director Taylor
4. Proposed Study Report Outline Director Taylor
5. Presentation on the Coordinated Permitting of the DEMLR Mining Program Director Tracy E. Davis,
Division of Energy, Mineral and Land Resources
6. Proposed Agenda for the next meeting Director Taylor
7. Public Comments Director Taylor
III. Closing Comments
Study Group Members
Study Group Director
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.