Web Content Display
LOCAL GOVERNMENT REGULATION STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 16, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Lee County Emergency Operations Facility – 204 West Courtland Drive, Sanford, NC
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Charles Taylor, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Approval of Previous Meetings Minutes – Chairman Taylor
3. Background and Introductions – Chairman Taylor
4. Selection of the Vice-Chair of the Study Group – Chairman Taylor
5. Extraterritorial Jurisdiction (ETJ) – Johanna Reese and Erin Wynia
6. Department of Transportation – Impacts on Infrastructure – Emily McGraw
7. Preliminary Comparison of Local Government Regulations in Other States – Toby Vinson
8. Online/Appearance/Structure of Final Report – Toby Vinson
9. Discussion and Brainstorming – All
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor:Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.