ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
June 06, 2013
1:00 – 3:00 pm
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman George Howard
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina
Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member
knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee
today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Background and Introductions- Chairman George Howard
3. Approval of Minutes from last meeting- Chairman George Howard
4. Discussion of Air Quality Testing Section of Draft Baseline Sampling Rule- Mike Abraczinskas, DAQ
5. Presentation & Discussion of Draft Baseline Sampling Rule and “indicator” parameters for subsequent testing- Ryan Channell
SCIENCE Article (external link)
6. Presentation of Setbacks (15 minutes)- Katherine Marciniak
7. Discussion- Chairman George Howard
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential
conflict should consult with the Chair or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor:Executive Order 34 mandates that in
transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best
interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must
recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.