Web Content Display
PROTECTION OF TRADE SECRETS AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
June 28, 2013
Starting time: 15 minutes following the adjournment of the MEC meeting
ARCHDALE BUILDING - GROUND FLOOR HEARING ROOM
512 N. SALISBURY STREET, RALEIGH, NC
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15- Director Jim Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Background and Introductions- Director Jim Womack
3. Approval of Minutes from Last Meeting- Director Jim Womack
4. Review Division of Water Quality Trade Secret Policy- Evan Kane
5. Review Division of Air Quality Trade Secret Policy- Mike Abraczinskas
6. Review Division of Waste Management Trade Secret Policy- Layla Cummings
7. Review Commerce Department Trade Secret Policy- David Efird
8. Discussion of Statutory Definitions- Director Jim Womack
9. Public comment
10. Next steps- Director Jim Womack
11. Closing comments Members
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chair or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.