Web Content Display
LOCAL GOVERNMENT REGULATION STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
July 12, 2013
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm in Room 504-Q
Archdale Building 5th Floor
512 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, N.C.
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Charles Taylor, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina
Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows
of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Background and Introductions – Chairman Taylor
3. Review and Approval of June 21, 2013 Meeting Minutes
4. Noise, Odor, Dust: Sources, Abatement, and Rules – Colleen Brophy and Franklin Wolfe
5. Discussion of Previously Identified Issues and Draft Report Content
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict
should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting
Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public
without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself
from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.