Web Content Display
You can watch the Adobe ConnectPro version of this meeting here. Audio will be posted shortly.
MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 25, 2013
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
1. Call to Order – George Howard, Vice Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Vice Chairman Howard
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members and Introductions of Assistant Secretary Gillespie and Commission Staff – Vice Chairman Howard
5. Approval of Meeting Minutes from December 19, 2012 Meeting – Vice Chairman Howard
6. Committee Reports (15 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Water and Waste Management Committee – Vik Rao
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee – Charles Holbrook
Environmental Standards Committee – George Howard
Rules Committee – Amy Pickle
7. Study Group Reports (15 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Local Government Regulation Study Group – Charles Taylor
Compulsory Pooling Study Group – Ray Covington
Funding Levels and Sources Study Group – Jane Lewis-Raymond
8. Lunch Break – 30 minutes
9. Presentations by DENR Division Directors on Other Division Programs Covering Aspects of Oil and Gas Exploration and Development
a. Sheila Holman, Division of Air Quality
b. Dexter Matthews, Division of Waste Management
c. Chuck Wakild, Division of Water Quality
10. Administrative Update from Staff – Walter Haven, Energy Program Supervisor
a. Introduction of New Energy Program Staff
b. Update on Parking Passes for Commission Members
c. Reminder to file SEI Form with Ethics Commission
11. Public Comment
The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:30 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
12. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
b. Commission Counsel
c. Commission Vice Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.