Web Content Display
FUNDING LEVELS AND POTENTIAL FUNDING SOURCES STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 31, 2013
Archdale Building – 5th Floor Conference Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Jane Lewis-Raymond, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the NorthCarolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If anymember knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before theCommittee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Introductions - Director Lewis-Raymond
3. Approval of the December 18, 2012 Minutes - Director Lewis-Raymond
4. Overview of Current Fee Imposed by the Oil and Gas Conservation Act and Rules – Ms. Trina Ozer, DENR Policy Analyst
5. Presentation on Bonding - Mr. Mell Nevils, LQS Section Chief
6. Review of Analysis of Cost Associated with Emergency Management and Law Enforcement – Chairman Womack, Mining and Energy Commission
7. Overview of other States’ Fee Structures - Director Lewis-Raymond
8. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report - Director Lewis-Raymond
9. General Discussion – All
10. Consideration of Field Trip to the Deep River Basin - Director Lewis-Raymond
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflictshould consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor:Executive Order 34 mandates that in transactingCommission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself fromvoting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.