Web Content Display
FUNDING LEVELS AND POTENTIAL FUNDING SOURCES STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
April 1, 2013
3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
Archdale Building – 5th Floor Conference Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Chair
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Introductions -Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Chair
3. Approval of the February 20, 2013 Minutes -Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Chair
4. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report -Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Chair
5. Bonding Costs: Site Reclamation and Well Abandonment Projections- Walt Haven, DEMLR
6. How severed estate deeds are handled -Walt Haven, DEMLR
7. What would a NC Impact Fee Structure look like? – Discussion - All
8. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report and Report Drafting-Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Chair
9. General Discussion – All
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor:Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.