FUNDING LEVELS AND POTENTIAL FUNDING SOURCES STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 30, 2014
10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Room 504-Q, 5th Floor
Archdale Building, Raleigh, NC
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Introductions - Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
3. Approval of the September 12, 2013 Minutes - Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
4. Discussion of Study Group Obligations Defined by Session Law 2013-365 – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
5. Discussion of Staff Research – Messrs. Russell Duncan and Walt Haven, DEMLR
6. Discussion of Study Group Recommendations - All
7. Review of Report Drafting- Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
8. Closing Remarks – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.