Web Content Display
ENVIRONMENTAL STANDARDS COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
December 18, 2012
1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman George Howard
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Background and Introductions – Chairman Howard
3. Selection of the Vice-Chair of the Study Group – Chairman Howard
4. Presentation of Statutory Directive #5 – Chairman Howard
5. Presentation on Proprietary Information – Jennie Wilhelm Hauser, Special Deputy Attorney General, North Carolina Department of Justice
6. Summary of DENR Recommendations on Chemical Disclosure from the Shale Gas Report – Trina Ozer, Policy Analyst
7. Presentation from Environmental Defense Fund – Adam Peltz, Attorney in the Energy Program
8. Presentation from Ground Water Protection Council – Mike Nickolaus, Special Projects Director
9. Discussion and Brainstorming – Chairman Howard
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.