Web Content Display
COMPULSORY POOLING STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
January 11, 2013, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
McSwain Agricultural Center, 2420 Tramway Road, Sanford, NC
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 - Ray Covington, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Pooling and Unitization Laws by State - Ted Feitshans and Allison Saito, N.C. State University
3. "Lifecycle of a Mineral Rights Lease.” – John Humphrey and James Robinson
4. Timeline of the Compulsory Pooling Study Group – Chairman Covington
5. Discussion and Next Steps – Chairman Covington
6. Closing Comments – Chairman Covington
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.