COORDINATED PERMITTING STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
June 6, 2013
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Dr. Kenneth Taylor, Director
2. Welcome new study group members
II. Informational Items
2. Status of Senate Bill 76 – House Commerce and Job Development Committee Substitute
3. Presentation on Coordinated Permitting from the Division of Air Quality Perspective
Mr. Mike Abraczinskas, EIT, CPM, Deputy Director, DAQ
III. Study Group Discussion
6. Discussion of the previous informational items
7. Public Comments Director Taylor
III. Closing Comments
Study Group Members
Study Group Director
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict
should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting
Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public
without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.