COMPULSORY POOLING STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
May 31, 2013, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Green Square Training Room
217 W. Jones Street, Raleigh, NC
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Ray Covington, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina
Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows
of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
II. Action Items
2. Group Recommendations on When to Compel Pooling Layla Cummings
3. Group Recommendations on Indemnification Ted Feitshans
4. Group Recommendations on Notice and Reporting Requirements John Humphrey
5. Next Steps Chairman Covington
6. Public Questions and Comments Chairman Covington
7. Closing Comments Chairman Covington
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict
should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting
Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public
without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself
from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.