Web Content Display
COMPULSORY POOLING STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
April 26, 2013, 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
McSwain Agricultural Center, 2420 Tramway Road
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 - Ray Covington, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
II. Action Items
2. Cost Sharing in Other States Jim Dewbre, Senior Vice President for Land and Business Development, Southwestern Energy
3. Group Recommendations on Cost Sharing and Payment Structures - Chairman Covington
4. Group Recommendations on Indemnification Issues - Chairman Covington
III. Information Items
5. Opening Discussion on Reporting and Notice Requirements - John Humphrey
6. LUNCH BREAK
7. Opening Discussion on When to Compel Pooling - Chairman Covington
Discussion to include whether or not to allow compulsory pooling, pooling of special lands, territorial scope of pooling order, compelling pooling of leased rights to different operators, and allowing drill-through access
8. Agendas for the Next Two Meetings - Chairman Covington
9. Public Questions and Comments - Chairman Covington
IV. Closing Comments - Chairman Covington
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.