COMPULSORY POOLING STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
April 12, 2013, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
McSwain Agricultural Center, 2420 Tramway Road
I. Preliminary Matters
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Ray Covington, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
II. Action Items
III. Information Items
3. Staff Recommendations on Cost Sharing and Payment Structures Layla Cummings
4. Opening Discussion on Indemnification Issues Ted Feitshans
5. Agendas for the Next Three Meetings Chairman Covington
6. Public Questions and Comments Chairman Covington
IV. Concluding Remarks Chairman Covington
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.