ADMINISTRATION OF OIL & GAS COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
December 18, 2012
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Charles Holbrook, Chairman
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Selection of the Committee Vice-Chair – Chairman Holbrook
3. Review Short Animated Film on Shale Gas Development by Marathon
4. Review of the Requirements of Session Law 2012-143 – Trina Ozer, DENR Policy Analyst
5. Review of Unfamiliar Terminology, Process and Operations (If Needed) – Chairman Holbrook
6. Develop a Plan to Access and Review Existing State Laws and Regulations Relevant to the Work of the Committee – Chairman Holbrook
7. Sharing of Work Loads among Committee Members – Chairman Holbrook
8. Closing Comments – Chairman Holbrook
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.