Administration of Oil & Gas Committee Meeting Agendas
Upcoming 2014 Meetings:
approved minutes 10/24/2013
ADMINISTRATION OF OIL GAS COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
October 24, 2013
10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room, Raleigh, NC
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 Chairman Charles Holbrook
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Background and Introductions, Chairman Charles Holbrook
3. Approval of Minutes, Chairman Charles Holbrook
4. Discussion of Well Spacing Rules, Ryan Channell
5. Discussion of Permitting Rules, Katherine Marciniak
6. Discussion of Permit Application Process, Dr. Kenneth Taylor
7. Next Steps, Chairman Charles Holbrook
8. Public Comment
9. Closing comments, Chairman Charles Holbrook
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chair or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must becuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.