Web Content Display
ADMINISTRATION OF OIL GAS COMMITTEE
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
September 26, 2013
10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Archdale Building – Ground Floor Hearing Room
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15, Chairman Charles Holbrook
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina
Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member
knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee
today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Background and Introductions, Chairman Charles Holbrook
3. Approval of Minutes, Chairman Charles Holbrook
4. Presentation of Well Pad Containment Systems, D.A. Nolt, Inc.
5. Discussion of Well Closure Rules, Ryan Channell
6. Discussion of Drilling Blocks, Dr. Kenneth Taylor
7. Next Steps, Chairman Charles Holbrook
8. Public Comment
9. Closing comments, Chairman Charles Holbrook
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential
conflict should consult with the Chair or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in
transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best
interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must
recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.