Mining and Energy Commission Meeting Agendas
Upcoming 2013 Meetings:
Agenda, Materials and Minutes
North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission
December 19, 2012
Archdale Ground Floor Hearing Room
512 N. Salisbury St.
1. Call to Order – James Womack, Chairman of the Mining and Energy Commission
2. Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence
3. Welcome and Notice of NCGS 138A-15– Chairman Womack
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Commission today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
4. Roll Call of Commission Members and Commission Staff – Chairman Womack
5. Approval of Meeting Minutes from November 2, 2012 Meeting – Chairman Womack
Draft Meeting Minutes from November 2
6. Committee Reports (15 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Water and Waste Management Committee – Vik Rao
Administration of Oil & Gas Committee – Charles Holbrook
Environmental Standards Committee – George Howard
Rules Committee – Amy Pickle
7. Study Group Reports (15 minutes each, plus time for questions)
Local Government Regulation Study Group – Charles Taylor
Compulsory Pooling Study Group – Ray Covington
Funding Levels and Sources Study Group – Jane Lewis-Raymond
8. Lunch Break – 30 minutes
9. Presentation by Bill Ritter - Bill Ritter, Director, Center for the New Energy Economy and Former Governor for the State of Colorado
10. Public Comment – The public comment period will be limited to a total of 10 speakers and each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. The sign-up sheet will be available in the Ground Floor Hearing Room from 8:00 a.m. until 8:55 a.m.
11. Administrative Update from Staff – Tracy Davis, Director, Division of Energy, Mineral, and Land Resources
a. MEC and DENR Quarterly Reports due January 1, 2013
b. Status of Hiring Three Staff Positions
c. Recent Public Presentations by Staff
12. Concluding Remarks
a. Commission Members
c. Commission Chairman
Reminder to All MEC Members:Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.