Web Content Display
FUNDING LEVELS AND POTENTIAL FUNDING SOURCES STUDY GROUP
NORTH CAROLINA MINING AND ENERGY COMMISSION
June 17, 2013
1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Archdale Building – 5th Floor Conference Room #504Q
1. Call to Order and Notice of NCGS 138A-15 – Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
In accordance with the State Government Ethics Act, it is the duty of every member of the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission to avoid conflicts of interest and potential conflicts. If any member knows of a conflict of interest or potential conflict with respect to matters coming before the Committee today, please identify the conflict or potential conflict at this time.
2. Introductions - Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
3. Approval of the May 23, 2013 Minutes - Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
4. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report - Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
5. Review of Impact fee- update on activity proxy for fee – Dr. Vik Rao
6. Review of Costs of Permitting and Compliance for DEMLR chapter - Walt Haven, DEMLR
7. Cost Impacts to NCDOT- Brandon Jones, DOT
8. Review of Costs to Local Governments- Johanna Reese, NC Association County Commissioners
9. Review of Proposed Draft Outline for Study Report- Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
10. Report Drafting- Ms. Jane Lewis-Raymond, Director
11. General Discussion – All
Reminder to All MEC Members: Members having a question about a conflict of interest or potential conflict should consult with the Chairman or with legal counsel.
Reminder to MEC Members Appointed by the Governor: Executive Order 34 mandates that in transacting Commission business each person appointed by the Governor shall act always in the best interest of the public without regard for his or her financial interests. To this end, each appointee must recuse himself or herself from voting on any matter on which the appointee has a financial interest.