You’ve found an archival page — please click here to access the new Habitat section.
Habitat Mapping and Monitoring
See distribution of mapped fish habitats in North Carolina.
Shell bottom surveys from DMF’s Shellfish Habitat and Abundance Mapping program
Submerged aquatic vegetation mapping from:
- Carraway, R.J., and L.J. Priddy. 1983. Mapping of submerged grass beds in Core and Bogue Sounds, Carteret County, North Carolina, by conventional aerial photography. CEIP Report No. 20, 88p.
- Ferguson, R. L. and L.L. Wood. 1994. Rooted vascular aquatic beds in the Albemarle-Pamlico estuarine system. NMFS, NOAA, Beaufort, NC, Project No. 94-02, 103 p.
- Davis, G.L. and Brinson, 1989. A Survey of Submersed Aquatic Vegetation of the Currituck Sound and the Western Albemarle-Pamlico Estuarine System. Albemarle-Pamlico Estuarine Study Report 89-10. East Carolina University, Greenville, NC., 137 p.
Hard bottom mapping from:
- SEAMAP-SA (Southeast Area Monitoring and Assessment Program). 2001. South Atlantic Bight Hard Bottom Mapping. SEAMAP South Atlantic Bottom Mapping Workgroup, Charleston, South Carolina, 166p.
- Moser, M. L. and B. L. Taylor. 1995. Hard bottom habitat in North Carolina state waters: a survey of available data. Final Report to NC Division of Coastal Management. Unpub. doc., 20p.
Coastal wetlands mapping from:
|N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries • 3441 Arendell Street • Morehead City, NC 28557 • 252-726-7021 or 800-682-2632 |