Habitat Mapping and Monitoring
See distribution of mapped fish habitats in North Carolina.
Shell bottom surveys from DMF’s Shellfish Habitat and Abundance Mapping program
Submerged aquatic vegetation mapping from:
- Carraway, R.J., and L.J. Priddy. 1983. Mapping of submerged grass beds in Core and Bogue Sounds, Carteret County, North Carolina, by conventional aerial photography. CEIP Report No. 20, 88p.
- Ferguson, R. L. and L.L. Wood. 1994. Rooted vascular aquatic beds in the Albemarle-Pamlico estuarine system. NMFS, NOAA, Beaufort, NC, Project No. 94-02, 103 p.
- Davis, G.L. and Brinson, 1989. A Survey of Submersed Aquatic Vegetation of the Currituck Sound and the Western Albemarle-Pamlico Estuarine System. Albemarle-Pamlico Estuarine Study Report 89-10. East Carolina University, Greenville, NC., 137 p.
Hard bottom mapping from:
- SEAMAP-SA (Southeast Area Monitoring and Assessment Program). 2001. South Atlantic Bight Hard Bottom Mapping. SEAMAP South Atlantic Bottom Mapping Workgroup, Charleston, South Carolina, 166p.
- Moser, M. L. and B. L. Taylor. 1995. Hard bottom habitat in North Carolina state waters: a survey of available data. Final Report to NC Division of Coastal Management. Unpub. doc., 20p.
Coastal wetlands mapping from:
|N.C. Division of Marine Fisheries • 3441 Arendell Street • Morehead City, NC 28557 • 252-726-7021 or 800-682-2632 |