Publications - Land Quality Section
This page lists publications (manuals, videos, etc.), listed by Land Quality Section program (Erosion and Sedimentation Control, Dam Safety, and the Mining Program). Click on any active link. Publication prices include applicable state sales tax for shipment to North Carolina addresses, and shipping cost. Click here for ordering and payment information.
Erosion and Sedimentation Control
- North Carolina Erosion and Sediment Control Field Manual
This complements the larger Design Manual (see above) and is a convenient size for field reference for construction and installation of erosion and sedimentation control measures and devices. Design charts are not included in the Field Manual. 156 pages.
Price: $13.00 (in-state and out-of-state) - Click below for PDF version (free)
Erosion and Sediment Control Field Manual (PDF)
- North Carolina Erosion and Sediment Control Inspector's Guide
This manual helps the inspector understand how to conduct inspections and evaluate projects, what to look for and how to interact with customers. 64 pages. The downloadable publication has embedded navigation hyperlinks; it is not searchable with the Adobe PDF search tool.
Price: $20.00 (in-state and out-of-state) - Click below for PDF version (free)
Erosion and Sediment Control - Inspector's Guide (PDF)
- North Carolina Erosion and Sediment Control Practices: Video Modules
This set of two award-winning videotapes demonstrates the actual construction of twelve of the most commonly installed erosion and sediment control measures.
Price: $15.00 (in-state), $50.00 (out-of-state)
- Educational materials - FREE for download either as MS Word or as PDF
- Order Form for Erosion and Sedimentation Control Education Packets for Teachers (MS Word, PDF)
- Order Form for Erosion and Sedimentation Control Training Packets for Developers, Consultants and Local Governments (MS Word, PDF)
- Single Family Home Construction Site - Brochure (PDF)
- Three Reasons to Control Erosion on your Construction Site - Brochure (PDF)
- Soil Erosion Facts - Brochure (PDF)
- 'SEDIMENTS'- Erosion and sedimentation newsletter - Click here for current and past issues (PDF) and electronic list serve subscription.
Dam Safety Program
This manual was developed to assist dam owners in their regular maintenance, operation and inspection activities. Emphasis has been placed on small earth structures, the dams most commonly found in North Carolina. Much of the manual's information can be applied to dams of all types and sizes and also to dikes and levees.
Ordering publications and payment
- Ordering: Please print locally the form below, or click here for the order form (MS Word) or here (PDF). Mail your order accompanied by a check or money order made payable to:
- DENR-Land Quality Section,
- Division of Energy, Mineral, and Land Resources,
- 1612 Mail Service Center,
- Raleigh, NC 27699-1612.
Price includes in-state sales tax for shipments to North Carolina addresses (only) and shipping.
Package delivery: Include your street address and telephone number including area code.
Questions? - Call 919.707.9220
|Land Quality Section - Publications|
| || || || || |
|Erosion and Sedimentation Program|
| || || || || |
|________||North Carolina Surface Mining Manual: A Guide for Permitting, Operation and Reclamation||$50.00||$70.00||___________|
| || || ||Total||___________|
Email: __________________________________________________ (optional)
Mailing address (1): ______________________________________________________________
Mailing address (2): ______________________________________________________________
City: ______________________ State: _________________ Zip Code: ____________________
Voice including area code: (_____) __ __ __ -- __ __ __ __
Total order amount: $__________________ Check number: ________________