View County Geodetic Maps Online
Preliminary Contractor Benchmarks
This map will link to pdf scans of the USGS data sheets for benchmarks not found in the database
* Note these elevations are NGVD 29 feet *
Download Geodetic Monument Shapefile
Link Geodetic Stations to Google Earth
In order to add a dynamic link (stays up to date) to Google Earth, click Add on the top bar, select Network Link and add the following URL into the Link box - http://www.google.com/fusiontables/exporttable?query=select+col4%2C+col3%2C+col2%2C+col5%2C+col6%2C+col7+from+955938+&o=kmllink&g=col7
View stations in google maps on your mobile device
Scan the code and open the link with google maps. Generally there are too many stations to all display but it should show everthing around your current location.
Download County Geodetic files in DWG format.
Note: The coordinates used to represent the location of a geodetic control station on a DWG map should not be used as the state plane coordinates for that station. To obtain the state plane coordinates and other data for the station, go to our database search site
- Download DWG (these are no longer being updated - see pdf files above for downloadable, printable maps).
Other Maps and Resources
- NC Onemap NC OneMap is a public service providing comprehensive discovery and access to North Carolina’s geospatial data resources.
- NC Floodmaps Information and mapping service for the NC Flood Mapping Program
- NC DOT GIS Transportation, terrain and imagery data
- Instructions: Files explaing various AutoDesk and ESRI techniques
- U-Smart USACE Survey Marker Archive & Retrieval Tool
- USGS National Map: The National Map is a collaborative effort among the USGS and other Federal, State, and local partners to improve and deliver topographic information for the Nation.
- Online Google Earth Map Google Earth Map of various datasets
- Google Earth Downloads Google Earth files of various NCGS Data for download
- Test map