There are two fees for processing applications for approval concerning dams: (1) the minimum application processing fee and (2) the additional application processing fee.
These fees are described below. A Fee calculator is provided in MS Excell format to help determine the proper fees to submit.
- $200 non-refundable minimum application processing fee with filing of application for construction, enlargement, or removal of a dam.
The following additional application processing fees are due when the as-built plans are submitted and are based upon a percentage of the cost of construction, enlargement, or removal of a dam.
- 2% of the actual cost between $10,001 and $100,000;
- 1.5% of the actual cost between $100,001 and $500,000;
- 1.0% of the actual cost between $500,001 and $1,000,000;
- 0.5% of the actual cost over $1,000,001
The total fee amount cannot exceed $50,000.
Actual costs are based upon labor and materials associated with the construction, enlargement, or removal of a dam and appurtenances. The additional application fee must be submitted with an owner's certification form and accompanying documentation along with the as-built plans and the engineer's certification before final approval to impound or an approval of the breach will be granted.