Free Teacher Training Opportunity:
Earthquakes in North Carolina
The N.C. Geological Survey, in partnership with the N.C. Division of Emergency Management, is offering three one-day workshops for formal and non-formal educators. Participants will learn:
- History of North Carolina earthquakes
- How to prepare for an earthquake emergency
- New earth science curriculum correlated to Essential Standards
- Hands-on activities to bring back to your classroom or group
Why You Should Attend
- Funding is available for substitute teacher compensation.
- Snacks and lunch are included.
- Participants will receive an earthquake education classroom kit, plus an additional kit for their school or organization.
- Participants are eligible for seven hours of credit toward N.C. Environmental Education Certification (criteria III) or 0.7 CEUs.
- Registration fee of $25 will be refunded upon completion of the workshop.
Dates and Locations
Saturday, Sept. 13 - Discovery Place, Charlotte
Register online at: http://educationstudio.org/workshops/content (WORKSHOP FULL)
Monday, Sept. 15 - Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Register online at: http://www.wresa.org/ (WORKSHOP FULL)
Saturday, Sept. 27 - Sciworks, Winston-Salem
Register online at: http://www.sciworks.org/
For more information about the workshops, please contact Randy Bechtel with the N.C. Geological survey at 919-707-9204 or email@example.com.