- Determine need in community for UCO
- Is there public demand?
- Does your community have sanitary sewer overflow issues?
- Locate UCO haulers that service your area. (DEACS Recycling Markets Directory)
- Determine container size, type, and drop off locations.
- Vendors can help with container size determination.
- Staffed convenience centers are best locations.
- If possible, place containers in sight of attendant.
- Negotiate service terms with vendor
- Develop signage, outreach and edcuational materials for the public. (DEACS can assist)
- Educate convenience center staff and public about program, determine if staff or public will pour used oil into storage tank.
- Continually assess program to determine if is needs adjusting.
- Report gallons collected on Annual Solid Waste Materials Management Report.