- Viewing Organics Recycling as an Economic Development Tool - Summit 2000: The Future of Composting and Organics Recycling (PowerPoint)
- Recycling Business Assistance Center - RBAC provides technical assistance, offers business development opportunities that identify funding sources, and promotes partnerships among government and industry.
- Self-Help is a community development lender that has provided more than $3.9 billion in financing to more than 43,000 home buyers, small businesses and nonprofits nationwide.
- The Sustainable Jobs Fund is a community development venture capital fund that finances companies that foster sustainable communities through employment, revitalization, resources efficiency and environmental benefits.
- North Carolina Division of Waste Management offers a tax exemption on equipment and facilities used exclusively for recycling and resource recovery.
- N.C. Small Business and Technology Development Center helps small business owners (and those interested in starting a business) meet the challenges of today's business environment, manage that ever-changing world, and plan for the future of their business.
- The Industrial Development Fund provides industrial financing in the form of grants or loans. Several categories of funding, such as utility accounts and clean water bonds proceeds, are available for creating or expanding employment opportunities.
- The Rail Industrial Access Program is sponsored by the N.C. Department of Transportation to help ensure that companies have the track needed to transport freight and materials.