News and Publications
- NEW: NC Agricultural Plastics Recycling webpage
RBAC Partner Agency, Waste Reduction Partners (WRP), introduces a new web resource for ag plastics recycling that provides a wealth of information about what can be recycled and where to find recyclers.
- Recycling Business Financing Fact Sheet
RBAC announces the production of a new fact sheet that summarizes financing options for recycling businesses in North Carolina.
- 2013 Employment Trends in N.C.'s Recycling Industry
RBAC's 2013 Recycling Jobs Study shows strong growth in private sector recycling jobs in North Carolina. The study found that there are more than 17,000 private sector recycling-related jobs and recycling jobs have increased 11.95 percent since 2010.
- Recycling Business Grant Program Report
Posted with permission from Resource Recycling, February 2012.
- 2010 Employment Trends in N.C.'s Recycling Industry
- 2008 Employment Trends in N.C.'s Recycling Industry
- Made in North Carolina: Recycled-Content Products Help Fuel the State's Economy
While manufacturing jobs in the state have declined from 817,300 in 1994 to 577,400 in 2004, recycling jobs in the state have increased 60 percent from 8,700 to 14,000 during the same 10-year period. The activities of a number of companies in this thriving sector of the state’s economy are highlighted in this publication. The companies profiled in “Made in North Carolina,” are actively ensuring that manufacturing stays a part of North Carolina’s economic future.
- Recycling Means Business! The Impact of Recycling on North Carolina's Economy
This document provides a snapshot of the many faces of North Carolina’s recycling industry. The 42 companies featured here are just a few of the literally hundreds of recycling firms in the state, demonstrating the idea that protecting the environment and creating jobs can be accomplished together. What’s good for the planet can also be good for the economy, and North Carolina’s recycling companies are poised to make North Carolina a national leader in making it happen.
- Employment Trends in North Carolina’s Recycling Industry
This study quantifies the impacts of recycling on jobs in North Carolina and points to the economic importance of continuing and expanding recycling programs in North Carolina.